Re: [LAU] Native Linux VSTs !!

From: Lorenzo <lsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 09:50:47 EET

>>> From http://qtractor.sourceforge.net/qtractor-index.html#Features :
>>>
>>> LADSPA <http://www.ladspa.org/>, DSSI <http://dssi.sourceforge.net/> and
>>> native VST <http://www.steinberg.net/>i plug-in support.

Sorry but I'm still not sure if I understand correctly.
To be a little clear, what I mean is 'what to do with the .so'? And can
they work *without* steinberg vst etc. In this case which applications
support .so?
Otherwise what is the real advantage of using 'native' vst (.so) vs
windows vst (.dll), given that FST - for instance - will work with any
jack-enabled applications.

Bests,
Lorenzo.