Re: [LAU] Street and other noise as audio files available ?

From: Olivier Guilyardi <ml@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 21 2009 - 12:29:27 EET

Hi Lanas,

On 12/21/2009 04:10 AM, lanas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a library of street and other noises available as audio
> files somewhere ?

About a year ago, and friend of mine and I went in Paris streets at night to
record various "city sounds". We hit semaphores, letter boxes, glass bins,
brushed window grills, etc... Then we made two little sequences out of these
sounds using Jackbeat (see Night Bells):
http://jackbeat.samalyse.org/wiki/MusicExamples

You can download the jab files and extract samples if you want to. Jabs are tar
archives.

--
  Olivier