Re: [LAU] tuning midi to alternative temperaments

From: Laura Conrad <sunny@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 23 2009 - 15:20:26 EET

>>>>> "Rustom" == Rustom Mody <rustompmody@email-addr-hidden> writes:

    Rustom> So the question: How does one specify alternative
    Rustom> temperaments to timidity?

You download the set of tuning files from scala
<http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/>.

I've forgotten exactly what I did to turn the .scl file into a .tbl
file; it might have been run the scala program and export in timidity
format or something.

Then when you have the .tbl file you want, you run:

     timidity -Z file.tbl <midi file>

If someone knows of a less clumsy way to do this, or a source of lots
of .tbl files, I'd be glad to hear of it, too. I can send you my
quarter-comma meantone .tbl.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@email-addr-hidden)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139