Re: [LAU] play/sox like command with jack output?

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Wed Dec 23 2009 - 21:56:00 EET

Hi!
   the sndfile-programs now have a jack enabled play program, but I'm not sure,
if libsndfile supports mp3.
   Then there's ecasound, which can be installed from all major distros as
well. It plays mp3 using mpg123 or mpg321 and its own JACK capability.
   You could be dirty and use a pipe with sndfile-jackplay.
   Also you can create an ALSA device, that uses JACK and then use sox directly
if you like or a concatenation of mpg321 and aplay.
   The JACK plugin would look something like this, in your ~/.asoundrc or
/etc/asoundrc (I think they changed the system wide name some time back):
pcm.!default
{
         type plug
         slave
         {
                 pcm "myjack"
         }
}

pcm.myjack
{
         type jack
         playback_ports
         {
                 0 system:playback_1
                 1 system:playback_2
         }
         capture_ports
         {
                 0 system:capture_1
                 1 system:capture_1
         }
}

   Admittedly, this way you can't use ALSA directly, not with your default
output, but I guess, you've got JACK running all the time anyway. :-)
   Kindest regards
            Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net