Re: [LAU] play/sox like command with jack output?

From: james morris <james@email-addr-hidden-art.net>
Date: Wed Dec 23 2009 - 22:15:29 EET

On 23/12/2009, "Julien Claassen" <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> wrote:
> Also you can create an ALSA device, that uses JACK and then use sox directly
>if you like or a concatenation of mpg321 and aplay.
> The JACK plugin would look something like this, in your ~/.asoundrc or
>/etc/asoundrc (I think they changed the system wide name some time back):
>pcm.!default
>{
> type plug
> slave
> {
> pcm "myjack"
> }
>}
>
>pcm.myjack
>{
> type jack
> playback_ports
> {
> 0 system:playback_1
> 1 system:playback_2
> }
> capture_ports
> {
> 0 system:capture_1
> 1 system:capture_1
> }
>}
>
> Admittedly, this way you can't use ALSA directly, not with your default
>output, but I guess, you've got JACK running all the time anyway. :-)

Hi Julien,

I rather like this :)

Brilliant how anything outputting sound just pops up in qjackctl now!
Ahhhh, even flash audio. I'm in audio pirate's heaven! No too soon I
don't want to die!

Is there any way at all, that instead of these things connecting to the
default playback1/2 ports they could auto-connect elsewhere?

Cheers,
James.