Re: [LAU] Linux audio app design: The nature of xruns

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 10:15:23 EET

Guido Scholz wrote:
> Am Mon, 28. Dec 2009 um 15:24:02 -0500 schrieb lanas:
>
>> Le Lundi, 28 Décembre 2009 20:17:21 +0100,
>> Guido Scholz <guido.scholz@email-addr-hidden> a écrit :
>
> Hi "lanas",
> could you please reply to the list an not to my private e-mail?

I use thunderbird, and I have two reply-buttons, which works like this
with messages on lau:

"Reply" will send a reply to the author only.

lau list.

About half the FLOSS lists I'm on (abcusers, blue-music, chuck, csound,
livecode, supercollider) will send a reply to the list when pressing
"Reply". The other half (ardour, ffado, lau, lilypond, mscore, pd, zyn)
work like lau, replying to author when pressing "Reply".

I asked before, and there doesn't seem be anything to do about it in my
thunderbird setup). So someone (here, I think) suggested that I just
made a habit of using "Reply all" on all lists.

I even got heavy flaming once for cc'ing a reply to the lau list. The
poster had *intentionally* *only* replied to me, and my message filter
placed the message in the lau folder, due to [LAU] in the subject. When
I hit "Reply" or "Reply All" I noticed that I was only writing to the
author, and hence figured I accidentally must have hit "Reply", and thus
manually added cc:lau.

Bottom line: I know that you two are heated, but if I cannot press
sincerely like to know that I should do? Please don't flame me, I would
actually like to know!

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk