Re: [LAU] Trumpet sound (slightly OT)

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 03 2010 - 13:39:19 EET

söndag januari 3 2010 10.26.01 skrev Ken Restivo:
..
> > Examples and anything here:
> >
> > http://www.bigfishaudio.com/4DCGI/detail.html?769
>
> Funny, I was just thinking this weekend about possibly messing around with
> horn arrangements.
>
> I figure, for the price of sampling, I can just hire some guys to come down
> and play the parts. I know lots of great players, and everyone needs work
> these days.

Lucky you! :-)

I was buying the samples in December '08 and I believe that the price was
approx. 100 dollars lesser than today.

I like the real thing best, but can't afford it. On the other hand, I have
three commercial Giga-sample libraries that sounds very natural: First Call
Horns, Dan Dean Gigabass and what I consider to be the very best drum samples:
Natural Drum's NDK kit.

I sat 3 weeks alone in a cottage in the woods of Dalsland in Sweden and
transformed five of the NDK kits to Giga samples for Linux use. It was well
worth the effort. The Hihat alone weighs 3.5 GB with 15 layers of openness,
the name Natural Drum is very descriptive! :-)

Jostein