Re: [LAU] a simple Csound study

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 03 2010 - 14:17:49 EET

Frank Neumann wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> in LAU you wrote:
>

>> I've posted another piece made with AVSynthesis and Csound:
>>
>> http://linux-sound.org/audio/studiodave-avs_p38_091229.mp3
>>
>> http://linux-sound.org/audio/studiodave-avs_p38_091229.ogg
>>
>> Experimental music. I've been playing with the AVS sequencer, lots of
>> fun. Comments welcome.
>>

> Very nice, and oh-so-Jean-Michel-Jarrish :-). Like it a lot. I guess you know
> his albums like "Oxygene" or "Magnetic Fields",do you?

Yes indeed, though I wasn't much of a fan. I just always liked that
sequenced/pulse/analog sound from the period, thought I'd try to get it
from AVS. The sequencer in that program is very powerful for things like
this.

> Now, make this last for 10-20 minutes, maybe add a few more low-frequency parts,
> and you have me meditating for a while :-).

That is do-able, a single composition slot in AVS can last up to 20 minutes.

I posted the piece on KVRaudio too. One fellow wrote that he also missed
some more activity in the low frequencies, so I'll put some more effort
into making those parts a bit more frisky. My listeners demand it. :)

> Oh, and of course: Happy/healthy/creative new year to you and your beloved ones!

And the same to you & yours, Frank.

As always, thanks for listening and for your comments.

Best,

dp