[LAU] M-Audio FastTrack Pro in 48Khz mode?

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 06 2010 - 11:12:45 EET

I saw some stuff float by on the list about putting an M-Audio FastTrack Pro into 192Khz or some other insane mode.

I have a FastTrack Pro, and I'd be happy to get it into 48Khz mode. It has been stuck at 44.1Khz for almost 3 years now.

The docs on the ALSA WIKI listed some flags to the driver that were supposed to make the interface change sample rates. I tried them, years ago, and they didn't work.

Do they actually work? If I screw them up, do they do any permanent damage to the interface (i.e., like it getting into some strange state and being unable to get out of it)?

I have got:
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.18a.
Compiled on Feb 3 2009 for kernel 2.6.26.8-rt12-kr2 (SMP).

-ken