Re: [LAU] quick follow-on to the RPM2010 thread

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 16 2010 - 11:22:42 EET

frank pirrone wrote:

> We hoped others might build upon our music and anticipated the delight
> at hearing a remix, or someone substituting their soaring vocals or
> guitar for my humble efforts. It never happened, but I can't think of a
> greater "reward" for what we did should it ever.

I don't think that should come as a surprise. This is art, not science,
so I don't think Newtons words can be applied.

I really respect your idealistic premise for PACKET-IN, but cannot see
myself apply it in practice. We all have different "borders", whether
they're ethical or practical or something else. I cannot see myself use
a Windows PC, but others here dual boot, or have a separate windows
machine for certain things. On the other hand I found that limiting
myself to FLOSS tools is limiting my artistic outcome. There are closed
source apps available for linux, that are so good (and cost next to
nothing) that not using them for the FLOSS cause would be stupid of me.

Let's not make this a discussion over me being in PACKET-IN, btw. I'm
doing my own thing for rpm2010, and might follow you guys on the
sideline, and contribute if I feel inspired to do so. And I do know how
to operate FLOSS tools, so it's not a problem.

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk