Re: [LAU] yoshimi creeps... 0.051

From: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 17 2010 - 16:30:52 EET

rosea grammostola wrote:
> cal wrote:
>> rosea grammostola wrote:
>>
>>> [ ... ]
>>> I just tested yoshimi on Ubuntu 9.10, wow that performs 1000x better
>>> then on my Debian testing box.
>>>
>> excellent, that's how it's supposed to be.
>>

>>> ... This is good and bad news...
>>>
>>> How to find out what is wrong on my system? Other apps like Ardour
>>> and Hydrogen seems to work well...
>>>

>> Dunno. I'm on an athlon x2 5600 x86_64 debian testing, and I don't get
>> significant xrun issues until things get to around 60% cpu.
>>

> Situation is now, that I don't get xruns when I use zynaddsubfx,
> latest compiled from source, when I use the vkeybd of zynadd. I get
> regular xruns when I use my maudio keystation usb keyboard though...
>
> For latest yoshimi, it doesn't matter whether which keybd I use. Xruns
> all over the place...
>
> \r

On Ubuntu 9.10, no xruns, no matter which keyboard I use....

If I recall well, there where some ulimit issues on my debian system...
But they where vague...
On Debian testing:

$ ulimit -a
core file size (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited
scheduling priority (-e) 0
file size (blocks, -f) unlimited
pending signals (-i) 16382
max locked memory (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files (-n) 1024
pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues (bytes, -q) 819200