Re: [LAU] yoshimi stands still

From: cal <cal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 17 2010 - 19:01:38 EET

rosea grammostola wrote:
> [ ... ]
>>> suspect
>>> would be rtprio rights, next would be the kernel.
>>>
>> How do I troubleshoot that? How can I find out if it's rtprio?

Do you start jack with -R, and do you see a line like
 "JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 80"
in the blurb jack spits out at startup?

If not, then there's the problem. Otherwise, it a puzzle.

>> I don't think the kernel itself is the problem, I tried different ones.
I'd go along with that.

>>> A left fieldish memory prompts me to ask, is it the same window
>>> manager on
>>> ubuntu as the debian testing?
>> I have kde4 installed and use apps from it, but I use fluxbox as wm.
>>
>> In Ubuntu it is gnome

Nah, I think what I had in mind is irrelevant.

> Another problem which I may have is a direct rendering problem with my
> video card driver, matrox, mga... dunno if that can be related to an
> audio issue....
>

> (EE) MGA(0): [drm] Failed to initialize DMA! (-2)
> (II) MGA(0): [drm] removed 1 reserved context for kernel
> (II) MGA(0): [drm] unmapping 8192 bytes of SAREA 0xf7c2e000 at 0xb780d000
> (II) MGA(0): [drm] Closed DRM master.
> (WW) MGA(0): Direct rendering disabled

wow, it's been a while since my mga even saw colour. All I can think of is the
kernel module -
  Device Drivers --->
     Graphics support --->
         Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 4.1.0 and higher DRI support) --->
             Matrox g200/g400