Re: [LAU] oh yoshimi, one more time

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 22 2010 - 05:11:01 EET

cal wrote:
> david wrote:
>> cal wrote:
>>> I still get the feeling you're inclined to set them lower than what's
>>> consider normal or recommended. The Jack FAQ spells it out pretty
>>> simply - <http://www.jackaudio.org/faq>.
>> Thanks. I changed the hard one to 99. The JACK FAQ didn't say anything
>> about the difference between "hard" and "soft", so I set the "soft" one
>> to 55. Can't test it right now, will test it later!
>>
> Almost, but not quite. Somewhere in limits.conf it describes (perhaps cryptically)
> how you can set hard and soft at the same time (on the same line) using the '-'.
> I don't know of any reason to have hard and soft set different, so as per the jack
> faq is about as good as you can get.

With hard and soft both set to 99, yoshimi 0.053 is busy making happy
noises for me!

Interesting difference between Zyn and Yoshimi here. Zyn has a Reverb
effect set, and shows it. Yoshimi shows "No effect". I don't think I
picked any effect in Zyn, I think that's just the way it came.

No prb, glad to have an updated Yoshimi running around! Cal =
Excellent! :-)

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden