Re: [LAU] [LAD] Beta testers required for jretune

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 24 2010 - 19:56:53 EET

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 06:43:22PM +0100, hermann wrote:

> Am Sonntag, den 24.01.2010, 00:37 +0100 schrieb fons@email-addr-hidden:
> > If you want to test this just drop me a line to get
> > the sources.
>
> My first tests:
>
> It's excellent as a guitar tuner, nice and simple to use.
> As retuner, it sounds a bit muddy when the tone comes out of tune, the
> pitch wipe up and down like a chorus effect, when the tone comes near
> enough to a tune it work's nice and fast to correct the last missing
> semitones. May a selection for the working (semi tone) range could be
> helpful, to let the tones, witch are to far from any tune, alone, or to
> cut them away.

If you keep all notes enabled the correction will never be
more than half a semitone. Jretune is not supposed to do
much more - e.g. changing the notes of a melody.
Correcting more will always produce a colouration of the
voice - this is because not only the pitch is retuned,
but the spectrum (formants) also move up or down.

Ciao,

--
FA
O tu, che porte, correndo si ?