Re: [LAU] [LAD] Beta testers required for jretune

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Sun Jan 24 2010 - 20:23:57 EET

Am Sonntag, den 24.01.2010, 18:56 +0100 schrieb fons@email-addr-hidden:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 06:43:22PM +0100, hermann wrote:
>
> > Am Sonntag, den 24.01.2010, 00:37 +0100 schrieb
> fons@email-addr-hidden:
> > > If you want to test this just drop me a line to get
> > > the sources.
> >
> > My first tests:
> >
> > It's excellent as a guitar tuner, nice and simple to use.
> > As retuner, it sounds a bit muddy when the tone comes out of tune,
> the
> > pitch wipe up and down like a chorus effect, when the tone comes
> near
> > enough to a tune it work's nice and fast to correct the last missing
> > semitones. May a selection for the working (semi tone) range could
> be
> > helpful, to let the tones, witch are to far from any tune, alone, or
> > cut them away.
>
> If you keep all notes enabled the correction will never be
> more than half a semitone. Jretune is not supposed to do
> much more - e.g. changing the notes of a melody.

I mean less, it will be nice if we could choose to correct less then a
half semitone, 0.1 or 0.2 for example, and let the rest untouched.
Not every tone needs to be in tune, sometimes, . . .
Just as suggestion.
I haven d look at the source, so I dont know if that will introduce more
CPU usage, for now, jretune needs just 3% of my
  CPU Info Intel Pentium 4 512 KB cache flags( sse2 ) clocked at
[ 2591.849 MHz ]

regards hermann