Re: [LAU] MIDI & real instruments combined in Ardour

From: Ectropic Harmony <ectropic.harmony@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 19:57:11 EET

> for the second part, consider paying the guys who produce PianoTeq.
> there are other options (such as LinuxSampler with a decent piano
> sample library) but PianoTeq is just cool and they released a version
> for Linux at the same time as their Windows and OS X release. worth
> rewarding IMO. the program gives you *insane* control over the piano
> sound - its physical modelling, not sample playback.

I just checked out PianoTeq. It's impressive. The only downside is
that it's 249 €, which is $350 (USD). I recently purchased my
recording gear, so am currently unable to put more money into things.
Perhaps in the future but I'll have to stick with open source for now.
Though thank you for the recommendation! :-) I'll keep their main page
bookmarked for future reference.