Re: [LAU] Ascension: Music made in Linux

From: Peter Geirnaert <peter.geirnaert@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 30 2010 - 14:15:10 EET

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Patrick Shirkey <
pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had some fun with alsamodularsynt [snip] sitting in front of a powerful
> Linux audio workstation for 48 hours straight [snip] :-)

Maybe now you could split the track up in frequency ranges and use
compression on each resulting track, instead of simply using EQ on the
original.
I don't know if there's a compressor with side chain input available, but
that might be useful too, e.g. to make the bass frequency range 'pump' down
the other frequency ranges. (IIRC, there was a tutorial about doing that
with LMMS).
If you have the higher frequency range on a separate track, add some reverb
or panning or delay ?
An expander or gate could add rhythm accentuation.

Just my 2p, I didn't find the time to do all this to see if it works ;-)