Re: [LAU] Tunestorm #1

From: frank pirrone <frankpirrone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 00:34:48 EET

frank pirrone wrote:
> I should have mentioned this earlier when we announced it on the show.
> Anyways, one of our listeners came up with the idea for something we are
> calling Tunestorm. The idea is to have a small set of rules that must be
> adhered to for a musical composition and have see what sorts of
> interesting interpretations you get out of the group of participating
> musicians.
>
> For Tunestorm #1 the rule is a descending major scale bass line where
> each note is held for a full measure. To clarify with an example in the
> key of C would be C B A G F E D C. There is NO other limit. You are free
> to choose any key, tempo, chords, time signature etc.
>
> Submissions must be in by the 6th of febuary 12:00 pm UTC.
>
> I know it's short notice but the compositions don't need to be long just
> enough to get an idea of your interpretations.
>
> More info can be found here.
> http://opensourcemusician.com/index.php/Tunestorm01
>
> We will play all the submissions on the show with proper attribution and
> a plug for whatever you want.
>
> Daniel Worth
> Host
> Open Source Musician Podcast.
> mailto:contributions@email-addr-hidden

LOL! Well, it's not particularly later tonight as I promised in my last
message to my RPM2010 mates, but after I saw this Tunestorm message I
grabbed my trusty Strat and stepped on my rusty looper and in a few
minutes had the chord progression (and a rough melody) to fit within
the rules of this challenge. Then, sitting down at GEdit for about a
half-hour came up with the lyrics.

It's sappy, but hey...it's a song, AND it qualifies for both Tunestorm
#1 and RPM2010. My next one will have more (larger) balls, I promise.

I should be able to bang out a completed demo (it's bluesy-country)
later tonight and will upload it to our Packet-In server for your
consideration, and submit it to Tunestorm, but am attaching the song
sheet generated from the source file by the program Chord, using:

chord -t14 -c12 -G Never > Never.ps
ps2pdf Never.ps

Frank