Re: [LAU] CENSORING public archives (Was: Problem post)

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 20:08:02 EET

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 09:32:46AM -0800, Michael Ost wrote:

> I'm not sure what "censoring" means. Are you expecting some sort of edit
> from me? Mentioning Muse Research (my company) is fine. Mentioning the
> other company in a public forum is the problem. Can we avoid that please?

Now this is strange. An NDA is an agreement to keep
some well-defined confidential information secret.
The existence or name of 'the other company' can't
be confidential information since they advertise.
Nor is it a secret that your are using their product.

Some details of the original post could be considered
confidential (even if of little value). But not the
name of 'the other company'.

It could be that your employer has signed a contract
that would prohibit them from discussing 'the other
company' in public. But that would not be an NDA but
something more sinister.

Ciao,

--
FA