Re: [LAU] SOLVED: CENSORING public archives (Was: Problem post)

From: Burkhard Wölfel <versuchsanstalt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 03 2010 - 20:28:38 EET

Am 02.02.2010 um 13:40 schrieb Luke Peterson:

> Wow, this seems like a fantastic idea if your goal is to scare the
> crap out of the commercial manufacturing side of the digital audio
> world, cause hesitation in further participation in the linux/open
> source community, and get an individual contributor to the community
> fired from his job/sued.
>
> Muse makes interesting, helpful products, has a lot of valuable IP
> invested in computer audio production, and as a result of this
> exchange very likely are about to institute a corporate policy
> dictating their employees never contribute any of that knowledge to
> public forums such as this.
>
> Nice work.

Although I am totally with you on that the posting should be removed
from the official archive, which has happened by now, I can understand
the furor.

Being p###ed off by and avoiding NDAs is one of the founding myths of
the free software movement:

http://www.gnu.org/events/rms-nyu-2001-transcript.txt

You can easily find the famous "printer story" in the text by
searching it for "tym".

It's good to see Michael's problem solved.

- Burkhard