[LAU] Music Made With Linux - a bit of Greek sunshine

From: Viktor Mastoridis <viktor@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 07 2010 - 19:04:59 EET

Long time ago I wanted to post this tune on LAU list, but for one reason or
other, I didn't.

However, in these v cold days here in England, I thought it might be nice
and warming to share the followng tune

*http://mastoridis.co.uk/temp/linux/Viktor_Mastoridis-GM.ogg.tar*

It's name is GM, which are the initials of my wife's surname, Ginka
Mastoridis. It was made last year when she decided to take on my surname,
and I felt that this act is an act of honour, I had to react - and so made
this little instrumental piece....

Performed on Baglamas (again) as a solo instrument, using Ardour for audio
amd Muse for midi, this was my first finished Linux audio production about a
year ago. Old-fashioned, classical Greek music style.

And for those interested in the 'source code', here's a Frescobaldi/Lilypond
produced leadsheet pdf file.
http://mastoridis.co.uk/temp/linux/Viktor_Mastoridis-GM-leadsheet.pdf

Hope you enjoy the little rays of sunshine that peek throughout this number.

---
Viktor Mastoridis