Re: [LAU] OT: Dub Fx

From: Jeremy <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 12 2010 - 01:22:57 EET

Emiliano Grilli wrote:
> hollunder <hollunder@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
>> Excerpts from Renato's message of 2010-02-11 21:18:16 +0100:
>>> Hello, this was posted on the freewheeling mailing list, really worth a
>>> watch (especially if you're into beatboxing and/or looping)
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioYs6oAD8g
>>>
>>> renato
>> Thanks a lot, I really enjoy it and I bet those friends of mine who enjoy
>> Reggae would enjoy this as well.
>>
>> And he uses freewheeling? Could be anything from the video.
>
> I suspect he uses a boss rc-50 loop station:
> http://www.roland.com/products/en/RC-50/
>
> Here's another nice one, quite different genre:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paYvTKVTzU8
>
> I'm studying sooperlooper at the moment, which is quite powerful, and a
> great sketching tool (I'm not ready yet for performing live ;).
>
> Regards,

I'm listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs now, their guitarist uses two
Digitech Jammans on tour. And KT Tunstall is also very experienced with
using a looper, I think she uses an Akai Headrush E2.

Concerning the Dub Fx video, it is really a nice piece of dubbing.
Overdubbing. In a studio ;) Where are the streetsounds? Was it recorded
directly maybe? It sounds a bit too flawless to me for a street
performance. All in all it's a nice showcase of what can be done with
some effects and a looper. Personally I prefer what Agata does
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichirou_Agata), but that's also because
I'm a guitarist myself. I'm not going to bother you with Melt Banana
vids though :D

Best,

Jeremy