Re: [LAU] OT: Dub Fx

From: Jeremy <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 12 2010 - 12:35:07 EET

On 02/12/2010 09:21 AM, sv-e@email-addr-hidden-e.dk wrote:
>> Emiliano Grilli wrote:
>
>> Concerning the Dub Fx video, it is really a nice piece of dubbing.
>> Overdubbing. In a studio ;) Where are the streetsounds? Was it recorded
>> directly maybe? It sounds a bit too flawless to me for a street
>> performance. All in all it's a nice showcase of what can be done with
>> some effects and a looper. Personally I prefer what Agata does
>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichirou_Agata), but that's also because
>> I'm a guitarist myself. I'm not going to bother you with Melt Banana
>> vids though :D
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Jeremy
>
> Are you saying it's a hoax ?

I've listened to it a bit more closely (well, for about 30 secs, I think
this is horrible) and I think this is a studio recording and they added
some background noise afterwards. Also because the background noise
doesn't loop, no effects affect the background noise, it makes me wonder
how this is recorded. Or they recorded the video and he did some
overdubs afterwards. But hopefully for the guy I'm wrong. And even
though a lot of comments mention that this guy has talent I oppose to
that. This is a good example of craftsmanship, not talent.

Jeremy