Re: [LAU] OT: Dub Fx

From: Jeremy <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 12 2010 - 14:11:33 EET

On 02/12/2010 12:42 PM, sv-e@email-addr-hidden-e.dk wrote:
>>> Are you saying it's a hoax ?
>>>

>> I've listened to it a bit more closely (well, for about 30 secs, I think
>> this is horrible) and I think this is a studio recording and they added
>> some background noise afterwards. Also because the background noise
>> doesn't loop, no effects affect the background noise, it makes me wonder
>> how this is recorded. Or they recorded the video and he did some
>> overdubs afterwards. But hopefully for the guy I'm wrong. And even
>> though a lot of comments mention that this guy has talent I oppose to
>> that. This is a good example of craftsmanship, not talent.
>>
>> Jeremy
>

> 30 seconds of serious listening ?

Well, you can't really seriously judge a recording after having listened
to it for 30 secs, I know. It is just my impression. And I guess my
impression is pretty biased too because I don't like this kind of music.
I should've better watched the whole video.

> I have no experience with that kind of music, but the background noise
> doesn't have to come from the microphone he's using for vocals, but could
> come from the video cameras microphone. An ordinary vocal microphone is
> not that sensitive at all.

That video camera must have a damn' good microphone on it then I reckon :)

> The fact that he is capable of making the loops write the lyrics and
> perform it all together makes me think he's got lot's of "talent"
>
> /sv-e

Being able to multitask doesn't equal talent. There are a lot of
musicians who master just one or two instruments who have a lot more
talent than this guy. As an anology, it reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtp2TWI1764
The guy is very good at doing his thing but it's no art and you don't
need to be talented to do such a thing.

Best,

Jeremy