Re: [LAU] OT: Dub Fx

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Sat Feb 13 2010 - 13:14:23 EET

Jeremy wrote:

> Esben Stien wrote:
> > Jeremy <jeremy@email-addr-hidden> writes:
> >
> >> The guy is very good at doing his thing but it's no art and you don't
> >> need to be talented to do such a thing.
> >
> > What a load of crap;).
> >

> Hello Esben,
>
> Maybe you could argument that a bit more? Why is my opinion "a load of
> crap"?

Maybe you could flesh out your argument that "it's not art".

Yes, his music is in a particular genre that you may not like, but he is
the only person in that genre who is making music the way he does.

So lets look at what he can do. He can sing in tune, he can sing harmonies,
he can compose his own songs, he can write his own lyrics, he can beatbox,
count rhythms, emulate synthesizers using his voice and effects pedals and
he can do all this performing live.

He can do all this well enough that Roland wants him on their stand demoing
their equipment at London Internations Music Show

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4LH5CN3JU4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Fi-S63aMk

I say he is both talented and what he creates is art.

Erik