Re: [LAU] SMPTE timecode?

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 18 2010 - 19:33:38 EET

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Rick Green <rtg@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>   Reading the Ardour manual, and poking thru the menus, I found an option
> to send MTC, but not one to receive MTC.

In Ardour 2.X, just right of the transport clocks, are two buttons.
the top one, when clicked, offers up a set of slave options, including
MTC.

> I don't want to be responsible
> for providing a clock to the video recorder(s).  Ardour's timeline always
> starts at 0:00, and I haven't found any option to use wall time instead.

The preferences dialog allows you to set an timecode offset that will
alter what ardour considers audio frame zero to correspond to.

> If they were to try using MMC to sync the audio during post, it would
> depend on both the DAW and the video editor using the same clock.

if you really mean MMC here, then you're making a mistake - MMC
doesn't offer way to ensure sync. MTC does.

--p