Re: [LAU] question re: MIDI control of SooperLooper and similar progs

From: Guru Prasad B. R. <prasadbrg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 18 2010 - 19:42:07 EET

Dave Phillips wrote:
> If anyone here is using SooperLooper or Freewheeling or Kluppe with a
> MIDI foot controller (or any MIDI controller), please let me know what
> hardware you're using.
I've used both the Korg NanoKontrol and the NanoPad with SooperLooper on
stage. The NanoPad for triggering specific loops - I had the top row
pads for "Trigger" and the bottom row pads for "Loop" mode. The
NanoKontrol as a mixer, with gain of each loop assigned to a fader.
Also, I had the Kontrol's buttons assigned to mute individual loops. I
had the transport section of the Kontrol assigned globally, i.e. across
all loops.
The assignments took a few seconds, with the nice "midi-learn"
functionality (big thumbs-up to Jesse!).

Just a few of the gazillion possibilities with these two and SL. Big fan
of both the hardware and SL. Hope this helps...!

Cheers,

Guru