Re: [LAU] UA-101

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 26 2010 - 17:01:54 EET

> Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> > That said, the soundcard works well at 44100 and 48000 but for
> > instance 88200 results in either everything sounding transposed
> > upwards (as if playback rate is doubled),
>
> This looks as if the driver sends data for more channels than the device
> expects. How many playback/capture channels does Jack report, and
> how
> many is the device supposed to have at that frequency? Could you
> please
> check this for all frequencies?

44100 and 48000 are fine (all jumpers on the soundcard are in the hi mode). Things above either fail to stay connected long enough to be able to make any sound (192KHz and 96KHz) or exhibit aforesaid problem.

UA-101 by design has 12 out (regular 10 out plus 2 monitor outs) and 10 in. At least that is the only way I could get the thing to connect. I am not sure if its setup differs at all from >= 88.2KHz modes. Yet, even 88.2 connects for a little while (a couple of seconds) with qjackctl reporting JACK running, before thing goes south as described below.

Ico