Re: [LAU] UA-101

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 08 2010 - 04:35:16 EET

On Sun, 2010-02-07 at 12:42 -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> Clemens,
>
> Sorry for taking this long to get back to this one. I am about to try
> this thing out and am wondering if the latest version would be ok to try
> out from the same URL
> (http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/alsa/alsa-driver/)
> or do I have to do use one from Dec. 14th 2009?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Ico

BTW, I just tested the latest snapshot against rt-version of the 2.6.31
kernel (the one that comes with Ubuntu 9.10) with an UVC webcam patch
(there is a bug in the original kernel regarding this), and the ua-101
now does not work at all. dmesg shows proper connects/disconnects of the
hardware but no alsa module is loaded nor is it reflected
in /proc/asound.

I installed the driver from the aforesaid URL with configure/make/make
install. No errors were reported.

I also tried manually loading the module. No errors were reported during

I tried this both in lo and hi modes for all 8 channels of the
soundcard.

Any ideas?

This definitely looks like a regression of some sort since before the
soundcard was at least properly detected and producing sound.

Best wishes,

Ico