Re: [LAU] ardour muted

From: Andras Simon <szajmi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 02 2010 - 18:52:32 EET

On 2/28/10, Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de> wrote:

> sometimes, ardour is unable to recreate some jack connections when it
> loads a session, for reasons i haven't been able to pinpoint yet.
> check the small "ardour log" window for error messages.

I don't know how to bring up that window, but now I had a spontaneous
disconnect from jackd, and after restarting jackd and reconnecting
ardour, I see

[ERROR]: could not reconnect system:capture_1 and ardour:Audio 3/in 1 (err = -1)
[ERROR]: could not reconnect system:capture_2 and ardour:Audio 3/in 2 (err = -1)
[ERROR]: could not reconnect ardour:Audio 3/out 1 and ardour:master/in
1 (err = -1)
[ERROR]: could not reconnect ardour:Audio 3/out 2 and ardour:master/in
2 (err = -1)

And ardour is muted again...

> i suspect some zombie jack ports somewhere, but i don't know enough
> about jack internals to be sure. all i know is that restarting jack and
> restarting ardour always fixes the issue for me.

Not for me, it seems.

> and ever since i've taken to scripting my session set-up, no new
> bite-marks have shown up on my keyboard. ;-D

I'm definitely interested. Time for a friendly session with google :-)

Andras