Re: [LAU] Jack included in Main for Ubuntu Lucid Lynx

From: Jeremy <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 02 2010 - 11:13:04 EET

On 02/28/2010 07:56 PM, rosea grammostola wrote:
> On 2/28/10, Fritz Meissner <meissner.fritz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> On 28 February 2010 20:29, rosea grammostola
>> <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

>>> PortAudio or Pulseaudio?
>>>
>> Sorry, I meant Pulseaudio, but Portaudio is also assisted by this;
>> there are a number of other benefits to, including making Firewire
>> devices accessible to audio packages without needing to recomplile
>> them. The Main Inclusion Report for jack at
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionReportJACK summarises the
>> benefits nicely.
>>
>> Fritz
>
> Will it really be possible in lucid to let pulseaudio work with jack1 and jack2?
> Or are there still difficulties?
>
> \r

Yes, PulseAudio will be compiled with JACK support so it will come with
the necessary modules to play nicely with JACK:
http://linux.autostatic.com/2009/10/12/jack-in-plaats-van-pulseaudio
(site is in Dutch, that happens to be my native tongue).
Same for PortAudio, Mixxx doesn't work with JACK yet in Ubuntu but it
will in Lucid. Also apps like recordMyDesktop will benefit from the
inclusion in main of JACK.

Best,

Jeremy