Re: [LAU] aconnect: Connection failed (Operation not permitted)

From: David Adler <david.jo.adler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 02:46:16 EET

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Renato wrote:
> Hello, whenever I try to run aconnect to connect some alsa-midi ports, I
> get
>
> Connection failed (Operation not permitted)
>
> even as root. I can smoothly make alsa-midi connections from patchage
> or qjackctl. What should I check?
>
> Renato

I get this message when the port names given on
the command line are in the wrong order.
Could this be the reason?

To me, the naming of the options '-i, --input' and
'-o, --output' was misleading.
The output of 'man aconnect' clarifies a little:
input (readable), output (writable).

use
aconnect <readable_port> <writable_port>
which corresponds to the (misleading)
aconnect <input_port> <output_port>

best,