Re: [LAU] bare minimum session handling

From: torbenh <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 05 2010 - 08:39:44 EET

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 05:16:38PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > It seems that a more definitive solution would need a partial rewriting
> > of JACK itself.
>
> you're on the wrong mailing list :)
>
> > OTOH the only active development that is being made to solve this whole
> > session management problem is on LADI.
>
> not so. the has been very active discussion and even more active
> coding in the jack community, particularly by torben, in the very
> recent past (right up until now, in fact).

the patch for jack1 and tschack is mostly done.
maybe a few small kinks.

working on jack2 fries my brain a bit, so this patch
might take a little longer.

patches for seq24 and jack-rack are functional.
but dont have conditional compilation yet.

i have patches for the ardours, oom and fst which use an old version
of the API but i can change them to the current one within minutes.

there is a python session manager which can be used as a commandline
tool, or as daemon with a very simple dbus api.
jsweeper is the only app that has support for this api yet.

building a tray app should be no problem.

--
torben Hohn