Re: [LAU] OT: Interesting article on MIDI timing

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 12 2010 - 11:14:16 EET

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 04:12:31PM -0600, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> I found this to be interesting:
>
> http://www.velvetacidchrist.com/2010/03/08/sequencing-atari-st-cubase-2-0/
>
> (site is pretty heavy on graphics)
>
> summary for the lazy:
>
> person did a test of various MIDI sequencers on various platforms, the
> Atari STe was the winner.

Awesome!

I have fond memories of Atari ST's. I had an Atari 1040ST running HybridArts SMPTETrack. It had a greyscale monitor, and I combined it with a Roland MT-32 and an RD-250 piano, and that was my studio for a couple years.

I did a bunch of anal-retentive "masterpeices" on that setup, i.e. this one, which is probably the most prog-rock-like thing I've put out:
http://www.archive.org/download/AtmosphericCD1998/12_Spaceman.ogg

-ken