Re: [LAU] Finding the delay/latency of a Zoom

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 17 2010 - 00:25:25 EET

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 02:31:29PM -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:

> Any ideas how to measure latency on this thing a "manual" way, not using Fons's tool, and given that there's no way to turn off monitoring, so I can't just pipe the line out into the line in as a loop without getting some awful digital feedback.

If the monitoring is stereo (L->L, R->R), you could try to
connect line-out-L to line-in-R, then use out-L and in-R
with jack_delay.

If the latency is really 'seconds' it will be above
jack_delay's ambiguitiy interval which is 2^16 samples.
In that case you'd have to add some integer times 2^16
samples to the measurement to get the real delay.

--
FA
O tu, che porte, correndo si ?