Re: [LAU] [Music] Another, very short, prog instrumental

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Wed Mar 17 2010 - 00:33:00 EET

Evening Q!
   Nice work. Very pollished, as the last time. You have a way with your final
versions. I wish I would put so much work and eye for the detail into it.
   It's a nice experience reading the list of used instruments and then
listening to the song. I was able to actually perceive most of them, as such.
Only the brass section is lost on me, as a seperate instrument. Perhaps
another technique I should learn. I think I mentioned this with Lovatnet, that
I enjoyed the way you glued the sounds of several instruments together to one
big combined sound colour.
   The akkordeon is a unique choice. I think I rarely hear akkordeo at all and
the mellotron version I've never heard before this song.
   The guitar work (on all three solo guitars) is lovely. More on the intuitive
side, at least so it sounds for the electric guitar(s), which befits the
piece. It reminds me a bit of Carlos Santana - especially in the last section.
   Well the mixing of the drums wouldn't have been my choice, but then it
wasn't me putting God only knows how many hours into that piece. So I shut my
trap. :-)
   All in all: Throw part 2 at us. Or wait, perhaps first continue Lovatnet,
which you left hanging, with what - I believe - they call a cliff hanger. Can
you hear the imminent golumph of me disappearing in the river. :-)
   Thanks for sharing this!
   Kindly yours
            Julien

--------