Re: [LAU] A sound decision

From: Philipp <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 17 2010 - 04:31:59 EET

Excerpts from Stephen Stubbs's message of 2010-03-17 02:23:56 +0100:

I'm very glad Arch Linux works well for you, but I do have a word of
warning: If you plan to update Arch Linux in ten years you're likely to
run into lots of issues ;)
It really is designed for quite frequent updates, but if you're
selective and know what you're doing you should be fine for a while.

The point is that you're in control, you have to decide. Most of the
time the decisions are easy, but if you stick with a version of a
certain program and you need to re-compile the app because one of the
underlying libs had a so-name bump, then you could run into issues.

It's all about what you choose to do. And with passing time the required
effort might grow.

That all may sound a bit negative but I'm a very happy Arch user as well
and I'm very glad that it works out for you.

Regards,
Philipp