Re: [LAU] Chordata 1.0

From: David García Garzón <david.garcia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 06 2010 - 02:45:35 EEST

A Dissabte 03 Abril 2010 20:59:51, surian va escriure:
> Thanks!
> I tested chordata here using Ubuntu karmic and it worked very well.
> My respect and congratulation to the people that made it, it's a very nice
> and fun software!
> Just expent hours learning the chords of great music.

:-)

> Considerations:
> - When it reads a music with many chords or that change the chords fast, it
> gets impossible to read the name of the chords inside the squares in the
> "segmentation" line. Maybe a little layout change in that part could be
> nice.

Maybe some kind of balloon pointing to the segment could do the work. Sadly, I
will like to aim my next efforts to improve lv2 and vst support in clam, so
this feature should have to wait. It is an easy task for anyone willing to
contribute to the framework, so anyone else taking it would be great.

> - It doesn't seens to work with ALSA, just with JACK. Not a big problem,
> but woul be nice to not depend on jack to use it.

I agree that alsa (portaudio) should be the default instead of not jack, but
by now you can use an option to use alsa (or whatever portaudio uses by
default). Just type:
        chordata -b portaudio

> Gonna study it and get to know the CLAM better, and other programs made
> with it.

You can find help from us at the IRC and CLAM mailing lists.

Regards.
David.