Re: [LAU] OT: Ultrasone 750 headphones?

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 14 2010 - 04:37:07 EEST

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 04:40:09PM -0700, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
>>
>> On 12 April 2010 at 16:25, Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
>> > Is anyone using the Ultrasone Pro 750 headphones for mixing or
>> > mastering?
>>
>> Headphones, yes.  Really, really good headphones, yes.  Ultrasone
>> headphones, no.  But, ...
>
> Which models do you use and like?

I've got the 750's. I'd summaries as pretty terrible build quality,
the headphone band is my second one after replacing the previous one
under warranty and it's once again in multiple pieces. Also they arn't
very accurate and are poor value for money. My RE0 in ear canal phones
are for me superior in every way, as well as being considerably
cheaper. I'm quite happy monitoring on the RE0's but actually more
often use the 750's for multitracking as they are easier to get on and
off! :) For multitracking the poor quality doesn't impede me much.

Loki