Re: [LAU] Netjack1, transport sync and tempo

From: Aurelien <tyranorl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 16 2010 - 08:40:44 EEST

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 02:37:42AM +0200, torbenh wrote :
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 08:34:11AM +0200, Aurelien wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm always hesitating between netjack1/2.
> >
> > Considering netjack1 and sync transport. I works fine, but I would like
> > the master to set the tempo for the slave(s), and it looks like netjack1
> > does not that (in the jackdmp version, at least). Am I wrong? Is there a
> > way to get the tempo from master to slave?
>
> no. you definitely need a transportmaster on the slave.

OK.
This gives another point to netjack2!

Concerning my problems with my network, it finally seems like both my
gigabit ethernet cards (Atheros Attansic L1) works in .... 10MB!!! That
should explain why I get these offset of 3 to 16 (!!!) cycles!

It's weird, as the card is supported by the kernel, and lshw tells it
works at 1GB, but however, rate is around 10MB and lower.

Thank you for all.

(See you in Bad Doberan?)

--
Aurélien