[LAU] Orchestra sequencing and synthesis

From: Marco Asa <aesir.ml@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 16 2010 - 15:27:47 EEST

Hello everyone, it's the first time I send a message to this list.

I would like to ask for suggestions for a project I'm about to start.
For a musical I need to record some audio tracks of orchestral
music (at least one, of about 50 sec.). Once I would have used
Finale+GPO for this but now I will try the Linux way instead.

The most important program I'm looking for is a sequencer able to handle
notation (I never worked on piano roll) and able to control easily note
velocity (to make the orchestra sound realistic).

For this pourpose I evaluated Rosegarden and Musescore, what do you
think about them? Is there something better out there?

To get the orchestral instruments I was thinking to LinuxSampler (I
already have all the sampled notes in wavs). Also here, do you think
there could be a better approach?

Many thanks.

--
Asa Marco <marcoasa90@gmail.com> 朝