Re: [LAU] Audiophile 2496 or the Delta 66

From: ailo <ailo.at@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 18 2010 - 04:34:48 EEST

I've used the delta 66 for many years. I also own a delta 1010 LT.
Internally they both contain the ice 1712 chip (check out the ALSA
homepage for more info).
These cards work well with Alsa. It's been some months since I've tried
them out with a system including Pulseaudio (a standard sound system for
distros like "Ubuntu" and "Fedora"). Strangely enough, Pulseaudio was
not been working well with these cards (at least for a period of 1/2 a
year, when I was using it). I don't know if this has changed.
When it comes to sound quality, I wouldn't worry, unless you are
recording something really, really quiet, like insect sounds. These
cards are really high quality.