[LAU] Need help salvaging a recording

From: Shani Hadiyanto Pribadi <shanipribadi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 18 2010 - 10:30:02 EEST

Hello guys.
I'm in need of help right now.
Last night I recorded a show using qtractor.
I recorded it as two files, the first one is for the first hour, and
second file is for the rest, about 4 hours.
The first file can be played successfully, but the second file does
not. It would only play until about 20 minutes, and stop.

This is the output of soxi

shani@email-addr-hidden ~/Projects/GME/2010 % soxi 6.wav
soxi WARN wav: wave header missing FmtExt chunk

Input File : '6.wav'
Channels : 2
Sample Rate : 48000
Precision : 24-bit
Duration : 00:20:50.04 = 60001717 samples ~ 93752.7 CDDA sectors
File Size : 4.77G
Bit Rate : 30.6M
Sample Encoding: 32-bit Floating Point PCM

The first file is only about 1GB, but the duration is about one hour.
I wasn't able to verify the recordings last night, but I remember that
when it's being recorded the waveforms are shown on the screen just
fine.
When the show ended, I stopped the recording, pressed Save, and
shutdown the computer. I was in a hurry, so I forgot to close qtractor
first.
Does it have anything to do with the error.?

Is there any way to salvage the recording? Might it be that part of
the file is corrupt but the rest isn't?

Thank you