Re: [LAU] Audiophile 2496 or the Delta 66

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 21 2010 - 18:26:55 EEST

On Wednesday 21 April 2010 16:11:26 Charles Henry wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Joshua D. Boyd <jdboyd@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Could you say more about how "Pulseaudio was
> > not been working well with these cards"?
>
> I have been having trouble with using my Audiophile 24/96 under Debian
> for the past 6 months. I wish I could blame it on Pulseaudio *shakes
> fist*
> because that's fun.
>
> On my machine, the audio card is detected correctly 50% of the time,
> leading me to switch which card the speakers plug into, almost every
> time. I think that's a kernel modules or device issue, not
> Pulseaudio.

Take a look at loading modules with options. And then tell the kernel via
/etc/modprobe.d/ to load the modules for the soundcards with option
"index=<IDX>" where IDX is the index number/ordering you want to give these
cards. Then it doesn't depend on the order the soundcards are detected
anymore.

Arnold