Re: [LAU] room accoustics and noise reduction

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2010 - 00:33:25 EEST

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 22:57 +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:28:11PM +0200, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>
> > > For the trumpet, one thing you could do is to play facing
> > > and close to a very absorbing surface. Trumpets are quite
> > > directional as a sound source, so this will limit the problem
> > > close to the source.
> >
> > Very interesting and helpful suggestion. What material do you suggest?
>
> The fiberglass 'glass wool' slabs used mostly for heat insulation
> should work well. They usually have one side covered with paper.
> Put that side to the wall, and cover the 'fluffy' side with some
> thick tissue or curtain.
>
> If you have a free corner, cover at least 2m on each side. Also
> good for recording vocals, with a directional mic pointing into
> the corner.

2m on each side, you're talking about the width or height?
I've an corner: width of the two sides: 130cm and 110cm, height = 300cm

Glass wool is not very pretty in my room though...
I see the cybershop Thomann is selling some 'noppenschaum' stuff
http://www.thomann.de/nl/standaard_absorber.html
Are those materials good? What can you say about that?

Thanks in advance,
\r