Re: [LAU] Please help with audio interfaces that keep changing after reboot

From: Philipp <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 08 2010 - 02:57:28 EEST

Excerpts from Geoff King's message of 2010-05-08 01:17:39 +0200:
> Hello,
> I have problem that I've been trying to figure out with no luck. The
> audio interface keeps changing for example:
>
> Today: Maudio 24/96 is hw:1 and Midisport 4x4 Anniv is hw:0.
> Yesterday before reboot: Maudio 24/96 is hw:0 and Midisport 4x4 Anniv is hw:1
> etc, back and forth, each reboot...
> I usually use qjackctl and have to keep changing the presets with
> settings which is annoying.
>
> I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide me some clues
> or links on how to fix this?
>
> I'm Using Fedora 12 w CCRMA.
>
> thanks, Geoff

The easiest solution might be, using my setup as example:

aplay -l
card 0: UA25 [UA-25], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC268 Analog [ALC268 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

So I use hw:UA25 in jack instead of hw:0
Jack always uses this device if it can find it, it always just works.
If you have multiple other devices you need hardwired you might need
some other trickery, but I guess in your case it's a simple matter of
figuring out the right name for the maudio interface.

--
Regards,
Philipp