Re: [LAU] New Funk from me

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 10 2010 - 21:45:57 EEST

My, that's a hell of a coalition you've got going on there ;-)

Not my sort of music as you well know, but very nicely done. It's a bit
of a shame you didn't go for the "one synth challenge" approach and use
Clav for percussion as well, but I suppose it wouldn't be easy to do and
even the great Spinal Tap used a drumkit on their track Big Bottom :-)

I like the change of pace around 1.28 although it sounds a little unsure
of itself at first, although it does find its feet. The change around
2.12 is rather more confidently done. There's certainly no shortage of
interest throughout.

By the way, the CAPS AmpVTS is my goto for DI'd bass; although I tend
only to use moderate amounts of distortion it works well and is what I
would have recommended -- it obviously works well on Clavinet as well.

Thanks for sharing, it's very nice and you can't even hear that not all
the strings have been changed :-P

And thanks, I suppose, for embarrassing me *blush*

Q/quirq

PS I'm busy that weekend in 20 years' time when you need to restring the
Clav again, whenever that is!