[LAU] [Sort of OT] Ringing in filters

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 12 2010 - 00:43:43 EEST

Hi,
   This is not specifically about LAU stuff, at the first level
anyway, but it could be one of these days maybe.

   Mostly for fun and to keep my old brain exercised I'm playing with
coding a DSP multiband equalizer. The thing basically works, actually
works pretty well with more or less steady state data, but it doesn't
look at all good with big transients mostly due to ringing in my lower
range band pass filters.

   Does anyone know of any reasonably simple papers talking about
sorting out this sort of design problem?

   I suspect someone like Steve Harris has forgotten more than I'll
ever know about subject like this but I'm not sure he's here anymore.
Maybe there's someone else who's available to talk to me off list?

Thanks,
Mark