Re: [LAU] QXGEdit (was Re: Suzuki QC1 Qchord Digital Songcard Guitar )

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 01:53:26 EEST

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I'm writing to notify of success with the db60xg -- thanks Rui, for turning
> me on to this great $20.00 synth!! Only remaining mystery is how to get
> qjackctl to open both the analog (hw:6,0) and digital (hw:6,1) parts of the
> Dynex dx-sc51 so I can have independent headpone monitors and SPDIF->main
> monitor....

Solved!!

Taking a clue from a different thread with a soundcard that costs 100x more
and has 26 more channels... :-) . (
http://old.nabble.com/Is-it-possible-to-use-two-RME-cards-in-sync--to28513035.html
)
I now won't need to buy another soundcard for my intended portable music
computer as I can output to the "mains" over SPDIF, and monitor separately
in headphones, all with a $5.00 soundcard! I'll save my money for later and
get a decent quality external TOSlink->analog, which is all I'll need to
drive the "mains" without fear of computer noise or ground-loops, which is
IMHO the right way to get sound out of a computer driving a PA....

In qjackctl: Setup..->Settings: Interface: hw:ICE1724 ; Input: (default)
; Output:: multi"
giving ~/.jackdrc:
/usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -dhw:ICE1724 -r48000 -p128 -n2 -D -Pmulti -Xseq -zs -H
-M

In Jackd, this gives me two working inputs, and four separate outputs -- a
stereo analog pair that I intend to use as headphone/cue monitor, and a
separate SPDIF/Toslink digital output.

The trick is the output "multi" is defined as ALSA "type multi" (see
http://nielsmayer.com/npm-dynex-asoundrc.txt ) as:

pcm.analog-hw {
  type hw
  card 6