Re: [LAU] Fedora 12 & CCRMA

From: Rick Green <rtg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 17 2010 - 00:58:47 EEST

On Sun, 16 May 2010, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Rick Green wrote:
>> ...continuation of my adventures with Fedora12 + CCRMA:
>>

> Rick, it really won't help us if you don't tell us what versions of
> jack-audio-connection-kit, qjackctl, pulseaudio, kernel, and ardour
> you are running.
>
> I know you are frustrated. But let's help each other, shall we?
>
> rpm -q jack-audio-connection-kit qjackctl pulseaudio kernel ardour
> uname -r

That information was mostly presented in the first post today:

/excerpt/
[root@email-addr-hidden ~]# yum list installed planetccrma* jack* ardour* ffado*
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
ardour.i686 2.8.7-1.fc12 @updates
ffado.i686 2.0.0-1.fc12.ccrma
@planetccrma
jack-audio-connection-kit.i686 0.118.0-1.fc12 @updates
planetccrma-core.i686 2010.01.21-1.fc12.ccrma
@planetcore
planetccrma-repo.noarch 1.1-2.fc12.ccrma installed

> Then you should upgrade to the jack package that is part of Planet
> CCRMA. This will set up universal access for the realtime schedule (and
> you don't need touch anything in /etc/security/*).

   OK, I'm running `yum upgrade` which is picking up the newer j-a-c-k as
well as 12 others, including several qt and xorg packages.
/excerpt/

As for qjackctl, that was installed with a 'yum install qjackctl' from the
normal fedora repository. pulseaudio is also stock fedora, if its there,
as I've done nothingto select it, uninstall it, or modify its
configuration since installing f12.

Unfortunately, I can't run the specific queries you requested right now.
Just after I sent off the last email, my video card seems to have
overheated, and my display went blank. Neither ssh nor telnet seems to be
enabled in the default f12 install, so I'm stuck until I shut it down and
let it cool off, or buy a new video card.

--
Rick Green
                                   -Benjamin Franklin